Thursday, May 19, 2011

Song of the Day #122 - you've got heart, and you go in your own way

I first heard these guys at SxSW one year and thought they were one of the most, boring lifeless bands I'd ever seen.  Maybe it was just the couple songs I was there for, but they just stood there looking extremely lifeless and depressed.  It's possible they were trying to show what uber-hipsters they are (as those are two cruciual tenants of hipster-dom), but I really had no interest in ever looking into them again.  Imagine my surprise when I heard this song and went to check who the artist is...  It's a nice little ditty, and enough to get me to forgive them for the suckfest that was their SxSW performance.

Noah and the Whale - L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

ps - i really have nothing against hipsters, either.  i apologize if it comes off that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment