Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Top 25 2013ish Songs I Voluntarily Chose to Listen to in 2013

Disclaimer:
These are not the best songs of the year.  I may even be sick of some of these songs.  These are the songs that came out in 2013 (with a little give for 2012) that I voluntarily chose to listen to the most over the course of 2013.  While I likely heard songs by Miley, Katy and Robin Thicke just as much as any of these, and maybe even enjoyed them just as much as any of these, they won't be on here, as I heard those plenty on their own without necessarily queuing them up myself on my spotify.  These are the songs I actively chose to listen to the most when I had a hankering to listen to some music.  So let's do it...

And yes, there are more than 25 songs in my Top 25.  Deal With it.

The 22 Not In The Top 5 (in alphabetical order)

The 1975 - Cholcolate


Avicii - Wake Me Up (feat. Aloe Blacc)


Bear Mountain - Congo


C2C - Down the Road


The Ceremonies - The Land of Gathering


Coasts - Oceans


Daft Punk - Get Lucky (feat. Pharell)


Grouplove - Ways to Go


Guards - Coming True


Har Mar Superstar - Lady, You Shot Me


Icona Pop - I Love It (feat. Charlie XCX)


Jamie N. Commons - Rumble and Sway


Jay-Z/Justin Timberlake - Holy Grail


Kanye West - Black Skinhead


Klingade - Jubel


The Lighthouse and the Whaler - Pioneers


The Mowgli's - San Francisco


St. Lucia - Wait For Love
Wait for Love by St. Lucia on Grooveshark

Vampire Weekend - Diane Young
Diane Young by Vampire Weekend on Grooveshark

Wild Child - Crazy Bird


Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Sacrilege


Ylvis - The Fox




The Top 5

5 (tie) - Smallpools - Dreaming


5 (tie) - Crystal Fighters - You & I

5 (tie) -Bad Rabbits - Can't Fool Me

4. Portugal. The Man - Hip Hop Kids


3. Haim - The Wire


2. CVRCHES - The Mother We Share


1. Phosphorescent - Song for Zula

No comments:

Post a Comment