Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Song of the Day #17 - even if they turn the lights out the show is goin’ on

Even though the new Lupe track, "Words I Never Said", dropped tonight, and I'm liking it more with each listen, I'm going with the single before this one.  I still don't understand how Lupe isn't one of the biggest rappers/hip hop artist out there.  Maybe it's because he doesn't really rap about bitches, hos, and money...but outside of Kanye, there's no rapper/hip hop artist I'd rather listen to.  He's got the charisma, he's got the appealing voice, he's got the lyrics, and he's got some sweet beats.  Here, the Modest Mouse sample just kills.  Can't wait for his 3rd album, Lasers, to FINALLY come out in March!

Lupe Fiasco - The Show Goes On

ps - i have a feeling Lupe will be a regular on the sotd

No comments:

Post a Comment