Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Song of the Day #314 - and i don’t want you to adore me, don’t want you to ignore me

Muse was one of my favorite bands of the early to mid 00's....albums 1 (Showbiz) and 3 (Absolution) still blow me away, I've seen them live 5 times (always an amazing show),and 'Knights of Cydonia' is probably one of my favorite songs ever...but something never truly clicked with me on their last album, The Resistance.  It felt like they were getting a little too big for their britches and just looking to continuously one-up themselves to the point where it got kind of boring.
So far I've only heard half the new album, The 2nd Law (out yesterday), and am still forming an opinion (though I'm not sure this "one-upping" has stopped all that much), but I've already found a couple tunes on there I think I like more than most of what I remember from The Resistance.  Regardless, I want to let the new stuff digest for a little before I throw any songs on here, so let's go back to what got me into Muse way back when...

Muse - Muscle Museum

ps - there could be more muse on here very soon

1 comment:

  1. I too am still trying to digest this album, but you are crazy for not digging their last one. Absolution will always hold a special place in my heart, and The Resistance is maybe not _quite_ on the same level, but man, it's still quality, A+ Muse.

    ReplyDelete