Sunday, January 30, 2011

Song of the Day #15 - i'm a loose train now

Keeping the Sundance theme alive...sorta.  My first inclination was to feature another song from (500) Days of Summer, but that's too easy.  Instead, here's a song from a non-Sundance movie, The Disappearance of Alice Creed. with a slight connection to this year's festival.  One of the stars of Alice Creed is the amazingly awesome Eddie Marsan (another is the amazingly beautiful Gemma Arterton, but that's beside the point) and he has a role in a movie I caught here yesterday called Tyrannosaur.  Really good flick.

Anyway, today's song played during the closing credits of Alice Creed.  I remember pulling out my phone at my seat to check some e-mails right after the movie ended and this song started playing...within 10 seconds I was hooked.  I actually sat through the entire credits to hear the whole thing.  Pretty haunting...love it.

Cathy Davey - Holy Moly

ps - i feel like this post makes no sense.  i apologize. i'm averaging probably less than 4 hours of sleep the last 3 nights...
pss - the disappearance of alice creed is a good movie

No comments:

Post a Comment