Sunday, January 16, 2011

Song Of The Day #3 - if this is a rom-com, kill the director

There's little that's better than a great "chant song" to sing at the top of your lungs while you're coasting down the highway at 70 MPH on a Sunday afternoon...or in my case, while stopping and starting at 5 MPH on the highway on a Wednesday night at 11pm when there is absolutely, positively no reason for there to be any sort of traffic whatsoever (I love you, LA).  And thank you, The Wombats, for giving us just that. 

I discovered these guys randomly during SxSW '07 when I walked into a bar at about 1:15AM on a Wednesday night and they were playing on stage.  Now they are one of my favorite bands...and I randomly even partied with them one night during SxSW '08.  But just the fact that this band exists still sort of blows my mind...I mean, I have an irrational love for wombats and probably just as equally an irrational love (and hate) for girls (maybe I should say, "women"..."love for girls" sounds kinda creepy), and this band, called The Wombats, sings pretty much exclusively about their love (and hate) of girls (women)...it's a magic combination.  It's almost like they're inside my head...  They've recently put out some new stuff, but we're gonna stick with a classic today.

Sing with me: THIS IS NO...BRIDGET JONES! THIS IS NO...BRIDGET! BRIDGET!

The Wombats - Kill the Director

ps - blew both games yesterday, but here goes...NFL picks: bears over seahawks (it's 21-0 nothing right now..i'm going out on a limb on this one...), pats over jets

No comments:

Post a Comment